Friday, August 10, 2012

Two Tone Dots

Still fighting with the peelies, so here's one from the vault. Hopefully I'll have this under control soon and can get back to my regularly scheduled nail art!

I love tape manicures. They're so easy, but the results are pretty impressive.

I did this one for a family reunion back at the beginning of August. I realized halfway there, though, that I'd forgotten to take pictures of it! So I whipped out my camera and took photos in the driveway once I arrived.

Something I've started doing (because I'm impatient) is laying down my base color, then putting Seche Vite over top, then adding my details and a second layer of topcoat. The result can add dimension to some designs, and also helps the manicure last longer. This one held up really well, even after tubing (for the uninitiated, this is when you attach a special inner tube to the back of a boat and hold on for dear life while the driver tries to dump you in the water. Great fun!).

I put down Sally Hansen Insta-Dri "Just in Lime" first, then taped off half my nail and used "Blue By" on the other half. The next morning, I used a toothpick to add the dots. Super simple, but I got soooo many compliments--especially since it matched my swimsuit. And my cousin wants me to do her nails now (she's 12).

No comments:

Post a Comment