Monday, August 13, 2012

I Hate it When This Happens

So, a few weeks (maybe a month) ago, I bought a new leave in conditioner: Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine--the new formula, which uses Argon oil.

I'd used S&S in the past, and I liked it--it wasn't impressive, but liked it. I needed a leave-in, adn this was the only one Target had in stock, so I grabbed it.

Oh my god. I love the new formula. For starters, it smells a-maz-ing, and it works better than before. My hair has been a lot less frizzy since I started using it, and the texture is a lot softer. If you're looking for a cheap conditioner, this one runs around $5 and it works wonderfully. I highly recommend it.

But...I noticed that if I got any of it on my scalp or near it, I started itching like a third grader with lice. No problem, I thought, I'll just use it on the ends. I have long hair, so that's where I need it most anyway.

But then I noticed the bumps. At first I thought they were mosquito bites. But they kept appearing in odd places--like on my back. When I sleep on my back. Under two blankets. So how the heck was I getting bit?

Then they showed up on my arm. It itched like a mosquito bite, looked like a bee sting, and blistered like sunburn. "That's not a bug bite. That's an allergic reaction," my roommate said.

So, I took all of the recent additions out of my routine for a week. Then I started adding them back in, one every five or seven days.

Two days ago I added the conditioner. The spots came back.

CRAP.

I'm already allergic to fragrances, which makes it really hard to find makeup, face washes, and lotions. I switched to mineral makeup, neutrogena skincare, and the most boring lotions I could find.

Perfumes, however, give me respiratory issues. This is a skin issue. Which makes me think it's actually the Argon oil that's causing the problem.

Double crap.

So this week I have to find a budget-friendly leave in conditioner that doesn't use the new super ingredient that all the popular kids are using.

If you have any suggestions, please let me know. My back would thank you. So would my hair (and the rest of me, too).

No comments:

Post a Comment