Thursday, August 9, 2012

Holy Demolition, Batman! (Part 2)

[In case you missed it, Part 1 can be found here, along with what all of the bru-haha is about and what exactly Liebster is and how it works.]

Today's 11 Facts:
1. I love anything steampunk.
2. I'm a certified art conservation tech, but can't get a job in the field because of all the budget cutbacks. :(
3. I shot archery (recurve only--compound is cheating!) until I got out of high school, but now I don't have a bow or a place to shoot.
4. I can cuss you out in French, Italian, and Japanese. Just don't ask me where the bathroom is, because I couldn't tell you.
5. I plan on fleeing the country as soon as I have more than $20 in my bank account on a regular basis.
6. I'm a Mac only kind of girl. I can kill a PC at ten paces. The cheaper they are, the faster they fall.
7. I collect typewriters, flamingos, international flags, and dust bunnies. The last one is not intentional.
8. My favorite show is Charmed. I like to watch it when I write, and usually have one of the season box sets by my computer (right now it's season 4)
9. My primary skills are knitting, spinning, crocheting, dying, sewing, and embroidering. This probably explains why I'm supporting myself with retail.
10. I was a child of the 80s, and went straight from a crib to a waterbed. I can't have it in my apartment, though. I miss it.
11. "A Little Princess" was probably the single most influential book on me as a child.

Delight in Nails didn't post any of her own questions, so I'll just answer some of the ones she was given--well, except for the dupes from yesterday's post.

6. Are you a fan of Indie polishes and why?

I can't say that I've tried any of them, so I have no real opinion on the matter. Most of the indies I've seen have been chunky glitter polishes, which I'm not a fan of.
7. What sport do you enjoy watching in the Olympics?
Gymnastics, especially the men's. Did anyone else notice how gorgeous those guys were this year?
9. What other hobbies do you have?
Well, I just listed most of them. But I also really like biking, though I no longer have a safe place to do it or a place to store my bike, so it's in storage.
10. Do you have any strange fears?
Tons. Like zombies and parasites, for example. Also: going blind and mental illness.
11. If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
A house cat, because I am inherently lazy and love to play with yarn. =^n.n^=

Whew!
And now for my 11 questions for the people I'm tagging:
1. Why do you blog about your chosen subject matter?
2. What got you started on that subject?
3. What is your favorite part about what you do?
4. What historical event are you sorry you missed/weren't alive to see?
5. Where would you most like to visit?
6. It's the zombie Apocalypse. Where do you go for shelter?
7. Digital or analog? Why?
8. What other hobbies do you have?
9. Early bird or night owl? Any reason why?
10. What piece of advice would you give your twelve-year-old self? (limited to 1 sentence)
11. What book/movie/tv show had the greatest impact on you as a child?

Thanks again to Delight in Nails and Nails for the Sake of Sanity for nominating me!

The following are my favorite blogs with under 200 followers. I actually only know of 1 nail blog that fits the criteria, so there's a mix here (hence the oddball questions!).

1. GelaNails
2. RidiculousKnits
3. Typewriter Heaven
4. Life in a Typewriter Shop
5. I Dream Lo-Tech
6. Five Cats from Crazy

Arg. All of those blogs I follow, and you know what? 95% either don't show how many followers they have, have over 200, or don't update regularly.

So that is my list, short as it is. I think that makes it a little more special, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment