Monday, July 23, 2012

Summer Fun: Favorite Beach Memory

Woops. I almost forgot about this post. That's what I get for writing it in advance and not adding pictures right away.

Well, that, and some really crappy pictures...

When I was seven, we went down to Florida to visit my great aunt and uncle. This was the first time I remember leaving the state (I went to Canada a few years before and apparently made friends with everyone on the train by virtue of being an adorable three year old who didn't scream or cry once in twelve hours, but I don't remember it). It was the first time I saw the ocean, the first time I went to Disney, and the first time I missed school for vacation.

I wish I could share the photo that this manicure is based on, but I don't have a copy.

We drove from Ohio to Florida, and stopped at Daytona Beach on the way for lunch. We got Subway (which back then was a real treat; they weren't all that common and were considered "expensive" fast food, according to my parents) and ate on the beach. I made a sand castle. My mom snapped a picture and in it, I'm wearing a two piece swimsuit covered in neon stripes and flowers. I was very proud of that swimsuit (I think it was my first two-piece suit, and I felt very grown up).

I have yet to find another suit that looks as good on me.

Of course, my body has changed a little since then. I'm not sure if it's an improvement sometimes (like when it comes to swimsuit and jeans shopping).

Colors used: Maybelline "Porceline Party" for a base; China Glaze " Celtic Sun"; Color Zone neon pink and purple.

I think that neon polishes have joined the ranks of classic red lips, smokey eyeshadow, and string bikinis: They're all things that I love...on other people. While I might hang on to the purple, I think that the pink and yellow will be joining the Giveaway stash I've been putting together (yes, I am planning a giveaway. But not until my followers passes the single digits. I'd like to have more than two people enter, unlike the last time I tried to have a giveaway on my blog).

What's your take on neon? Yay or nay?


No comments:

Post a Comment