Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Summer Fun, and I'm published!!

Today's manicure coincides with a very special event: the release of my first published work!


Artwork by A.K. Alexander (a.k.a the other half of the shoestring).
Birds of a Feather

Cursed to turn into a flamingo since the age of three, Eric hasn’t had the best luck with relationships. But that changes when he meets Dan. At least, he thinks it has until Dan is offered a job in another state, and asks Eric to come along. Can Dan handle the truth about Eric?

Then, there's the new guy in town: Colin. Eric can tell right from the start that Colin's got a full moon secret of his own. The question is, when it comes to a weremoose and a wereflamingo, can there ever really be common ground?

Help me make the shoestring reach a little further; purchase a short story! It's only $2.49 (Less than a bottle of China Glaze!) and can be read on your iPad, computer, or ereader of choice.


Summer Color: Flamingo Pink!
For this manicure, I stared with a base of Maybelline Color Show "Porcelain Party" on my ring finger and thumb, to make the water marble pop. The background on the other nails is Brash "Green Machine."

Close up shot of the ring finger. Yes, that is a moose shadow. Curious? Read the story!




For the water Marble, I used my Color Zone neon pink and purple; Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear "Fuchsia Power" and "Sun Kissed; Sally Hansen Insta-Dri "Lightening", and "Green Machine" just to tie it all together. (This is the tutorial I used for the water marble)

The flamingo is painted with "Fuchsia Power". The lettering and moose are done with my Claire's nail pen.




No comments:

Post a Comment