Thursday, June 21, 2012

Heroes vs Villians #4: Teen Titans, GO!

Because I'm a geek:

I couldn't decide on one Titan to illustrate for this manicure (that'd be pretty boring, wouldn't it?) So I decided to do all five.

Colors used:
Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear #300 White On
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Fast Dry Nail Color in Blue By!
Pure Ice in Touch Me Here
Pure Ice in Siren
Maybelline Color Show in Plum Paradise
Wet n Wild Megalast #213C On A Trip

I used BlueBy, On a Trip, and Siren as my basecoats. I didn't have a light enough blue for cyborg, so I mixed equal parts of Blue By and White On.

I used a few different techniques for the detailing. Scotch tape masking, dotting for the circular elements, some refining with my nail pens, and a whole lot of freehanding.

Unlike the other base colors I used, the Wet n Wild On a Trip didn't bubble thanks to the heat and humidity we've been having, and I didn't have any trouble getting it to dry.

That humidity is the reason I think I'm going to be swatching for a few weeks instead of doing nail art. It's been nearly impossible for me to get regular colors to dry and dry well. *sigh* I might not be able to do the summer challenge after all.

But! I've still got one more week of Heroes v. Villians, so stay tuned for that!

1 comment:

  1. wow...so cool.will try this..
    am your first follower :D
    please checkout my blog "Nail Art Hues" and please follow if you like :)
    thanks..

    ReplyDelete